2011-03-24

Spice (it must flow)

I first shared this on February 23, 2006.   I had been giving it out to people for several years before that.   It's often built differently, depending on what I have had in my cabinet, and what sorts of food I have been making recently.   This one is a little more Indian influenced than the original (which came out of "Cajun Quick" by Jude Theriot), but it's tasty in about any thing that you'd put a spice mix that's ... spicy... into.
---------------------
1/2 cup paprika
2T thai peppers i grew
2T jalepeno peppers my dad grew
4T onion powder
3T garlic powder
2T black pepper
2T white pepper
4t basil
2t mustard powder
2t chili powder
1t filé powder
1t cumin
1t coriander
1t turmeric
1t cocoa
1t cilantro
1t wasabi
1/2t thyme
1/2t rosemary
1/2t fenugreek
1/2t ginger
1/4t cinnamon
4 cardamom seeds

grind everything that's not already a powder into one in a coffee or spice grinder (or mortar & pestle, if you're a real luddite).   put everything into a large bowl and mix thoroughly, and then store in old spice (not "Old Spice") containers.    Use however you'd use a spice mix ( i.e. put a little on just about anything)

No comments:

Post a Comment