2011-03-21

Breakfast Cereal

I don't normally do much for breakfast, other than a couple of cups of coffee.   I have started up biking again, though, and I'm burning enough that I'll need some energy before lunch rolls around.

This particular mix has sustained me for the mornings of the last few days.   I've been outside for a good portion of each of these days, gardening, mowing, landscaping, and just sitting and enjoying a drink while I read on the porch.   I love spring

1/3 cup water
1/2T dry milk
1/3 Cup dry cereal grains
1/2t - 1T honey (to taste)
small handful of berries, nuts, fresh fruit, etc.

Let the milk soak in the water until it's no longer grainy.   Alternatively, you could use soy, almond, cow, goat...   whatever milk you have on hand.   I just keep dry milk around because it will sit on the shelf for a long time, and I don't drink much milk anymore, so it's usually just used for cooking.

This morning, I had Bob's Red Mill 5-Grain for the base, which is a pretty tasty combination of barley, oats, wheat, rye, and spelt.   I added somewhere around half a tablespoon of somewhat local clover honey, and a handful of frozen blueberries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment