2011-03-24

Black Bean Dip

From January 9, 2006.   I got this from Malachi, who I suppose got it from some cookbook, but I don't remember which one, though I do remember him telling me.   You can actually use any beans or salsa that you want with this.   This used Jack's Screamin' Hot, which is on the order of painfully hot to me, which a couple of friends would consider "tasty", and a couple others would call "OMGWTF??? OW OW OW"
-------------------------------
1 can of black beans, drained
3-5 tablespoons of salsa
1t cilantro
1t cumin
1t hot pepper (crushed red works... i used some of my dad's stuff)
1/2t black pepper
1/2t garlic powder
1T lime juice

combine in the bowl of a food processor and then buzz it all up until it's a thick paste, near the consistency of a thin peanut butter.   transfer to a serving vessel.   chill for a few hours for the flavors to meld.   eat it cold or warm it up and melt some cheese on it.   either way, it's tasty.  

1 comment:

  1. If I recall correctly, the basic idea was from The Joy of Cooking, but I think both of us have made major modifications over the years. (I'm anti-garlic and I think I may have a cumin problem...) I'm pretty sure the original called for 2T of salsa.

    ReplyDelete