2011-03-21

Explanation

I'm currently attempting to get all of my recipes from various places put here, instead of having them spread across a couple of different web sites, as well as little scraps of paper and within my brain.   Pretty much anything from before 2009 won't have any pictures with it, and even a few since then don't have pictures.    I'm trying to do it in such a manner that will keep things bloggishly interesting, though.   I don't want to spend every idle moment doing this for a week and never post again, so I'd like to stretch things out some. 

The majority of my cooking is seat-of-the-pants style.   Does it look right?  Does it feel right?  Does it taste right (the most important)?   This makes it somewhat difficult to translate what I've done.   I try, but that splash of wine may have been a gulp.   So some recipes may not be exactly the same as what I did when I made them, but they should all be reasonably close to target.   If there is a package involved, I usually stick with the cook time listed on it, since even if it's not exactly right, it should get you in the ballpark of doneness.

I am a bit more rigorous with my brewing, but between the turnaround time (2 weeks at a bare minimum) and the batch size (usually 5 gallons), I'm a bit more inclined to take better notes, and have some semblance of a plan (which is also necessary just due to the nature of setting aside water to dechlorinate, etc.).   I am also still fairly new to brewing, which tends to make a difference in how I approach things.

Hopefully, this will be useful to a few people, but if nothing else, it should make my life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment