2011-03-23

Hot Pepper Sauce

I made this on July 25, 2005.  As much as I like hot stuff, I've never really made a pepper sauce that made me want to keep making it.   this one was good, but I think that the dimension I'm really missing with these is the acidity.   A pepper mash would probably be the better way to go, and if I had been smart back in 2008, I would have made one with thai peppers from my dad's garden, when those plants were all over 6 feet tall.

This one was decent, and got some sweetness from something.
--------------------------------------
1/2 C unsalted rice wine vinegar
1/2 C white wine vinegar
3T ground hot peppers
1t garlic powder
1t lime juice
1/2t kosher salt
1/2t mustard powder
1/2t wasabi powder
1/2t my seasoning

i put this all in a small pot and brought it to a boil, and let it simmer or a few minutes. then i poured it all in a blender and ran that on the lowest setting & added white wine vinegar until it had what i thought was the right consistency, then poured it into a pint jar. i'm gonna let it age for at least 2 weeks before i do anything with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment