2011-03-28

Balsamic Vinaigrette


When I'm making salads, I have this pretty much on tap.   The oil is healthy, the balsamic brings lots of flavor (and a $5-7 bottle of it will last quite a long time, if you keep it specifically for salads).   The combination is simple.   Unfortunately, Kroger stopped carrying this Spanish Olive Oil, so I've switched to some other stuff.   It's alright, but I liked the Spanish stuff much better.











Get about equal parts (this is around a teaspoon) of mustard powder and fresh ground black pepper, and half or less that amount of salt (I've got kosher salt in this picture).   Dump them into your jar.









Add the balsamic vinegar to fill the jar somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of the way.   Fill the jar the rest of the way with olive oil.   Let it all sit for an hour or two, so that the water in the vinegar will dissolve the salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment