2011-08-18

Triple Berry Soda

For my next trick, I'm going to try making a soda using a commercial frozen fruit medley.   I was quite happy with the ginger ale, and will probably try making another of those sometime soon, but I'm out of ginger and don't feel like going anywhere today.

1 - 1lbs bag of triple berry frozen fruit medley (blackberry, blueberry, raspberry) partially thawed and crushed
1L - water
200g - turbinado sugar
2t - lime juice
1- 2 inch stick of canela soft cinnamon
1/2 - vanilla bean, split, scraped, and cut into pieces

I'll boil all of this for 15 minutes.  after chilling in an ice water bath for 10 or 15 minutes, I'll add 1/8 teaspoon of pectic enzyme, which will hopefully keep the syrup from turning into jelly.    after I let that sit for an hour or so, I'll pop the syrup into the refrigerator and let it chill through the day.

Once the syrup is cold, I'll transfer to the 2L plastic bottle, carbonate, and shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment