2011-08-02

Nothing special

Supper tonight:   leftover green beans & potatoes, and an omelette with kalamata olives, homegrown tomato, and feta cheese.

Basic 3 egg omelette with dried thyme, basil, tarragon, sage, and garlic powder.  Plus the ubiquitous salt and pepper to "taste" (I just eyeball it with the raw eggs)

I had something similar last night, but the egg fell apart, so it was cheesy scrambled eggs instead of an omelette.   

I've been trying to make beans at least once a week here lately.   I've got a bunch of old dried beans that need to be eaten, so more mice aren't attracted to my pantry.

I took the Belgian IPA Mk II to a get together, and it seemed like a hit.   There for a while it tasted just like that old pink bubblegum flavored medicine.   To the point that I was considering dumping it.   That fell out over the course of a couple of weeks, though, and it wound up turning into a nice dry, fruity IPA.   Everyone at the party seemed to enjoy it, and I saw several people coming back for more.

Finally finished the Berliner Weisse, too, and I was really enjoying drinking it those last few days.  The crisp flavor and mouthfeel really complemented sitting outside on a hot day.   The 3.5% ABV didn't hurt any, either.

Time to go eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment